Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Welcome!

Hello there!

I've decided to make a blog dedicated to the stories behind my books. You also may be wondering what's behind the name, and yes, there's a story to that too!

I come from a military-supporting family, and one of the coolest experiences of my childhood was listening to my great uncle Roy talk about flying a B-24 in the South Pacific in World War II. Several of my other great uncles also served, as well as two of my uncles and my brother. It wasn't too much of a surprise when I married an Airmen whose father served 25 years in the Army National Guard.

After we got married and stationed at Lackland AFB, a friend taught me how to make books and jewelry by hand. The very first book I made I kept as a journal, and I soon found myself surrounded by books I'd made but had no use for. We moved to Offutt AFB, and I kept working on the projects I'd started with my friend to keep my hands busy. Finally, I took the plunge and started up a shop on Etsy. The name of my shop is my attempt to show my love of aviation and my pride at being an Airman's wife. I'm making books for fun, not profit, which is a good thing given my sales so far!

I tried to be descriptive as possible when listing my books, but I had a hard time describing the books without veering off into the story of how I got the fabric or the binding process. A lot of posts at Etsy recommend blogging about your work, and if you know me, you know I love to write!

Now, to figure out what book to write about first...

No comments:

Post a Comment